Candidates for AWS Certified SysOps certification should have at least one year of experience with AWS. To prepare for the exam, which you can take online or in person, check out the resources on AWS’s website, including digital training and webinars, an exam readiness course, and practice questions. Globally, four of the five top-paying certifications are in cloud computing. But for many experienced network administrators working in technical capacities, that level of familiarity might not apply to their work. Assuming you can pass it on your first try, $100 is the total cost for earning the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam.
It’s not just IT professionals who benefit from the level of familiarity with cloud tools that the cert provides. Non-technical professionals, particularly those who make decisions or manage projects related to a company’s network and cloud operations, will be helped a ton by the level of understanding the certification brings. Cloud practitioners who can explain the value of the AWS Cloud are specially trained and prepared. They’re people who, for example, can understand and explain the AWS shared responsibility model and who understand security best practices. Companies are searching for someone who can understand AWS Cloud costs as well as describe core AWS services like compute, network, database and storage. This level demands proficiency in the AWS cloud, focusing on Solutions Architect and DevOps Engineer jobs. There are two professional certifications available; AWS Certified Solutions Architect and AWS Certified DevOps Engineer.
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Certification Prep
Red Hat/Linux certification-based jobs pay an average of $113,165 and are seeing an average salary bump of $12,553. Cisco-certified IT professionals who gain AWS certification increase their salaries on average from $101,533 to $111,869, gaining a 10.2% increase. The following chart aws certified cloud practitioner compares the salary bump AWS certifications are providing to IT professionals with seven of the more popular certifications . On a daily basis, it is the responsibility of an AWS Solutions Architect to design, create, and manage scalable and cost-effective AWS cloud infrastructures.
- Cloud practitioners who can explain the value of the AWS Cloud are specially trained and prepared.
- This insight proves that a new set of expertise in designing, deploying, and managing cloud-based applications will be in high demand.
- You can’t exactly expect an accountant, a developer, and a team leader to get the same paycheck, right?
- In addition to that, earning it means you have an understanding of billing and pricing models used by AWS and can explain pricing, availability, and opportunities to stakeholders.
As a result, putting an AWS certification on your CV will help you move one step closer to securing a dream job at the finest companies. Even in a technical profession that requires you to employ other cloud platforms like Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or IBM Watson, understanding AWS might expand your employment opportunities. Each of them takes weeks of studying plus an investment of $100–300, and you’re not exactly likely to be using the AWS console in your own free time, are you?
How to Become a Software Developer?
Global Knowledge ranked one AWS certification as the third-highest paid IT certification in 2021. If you’re looking to build and validate an overall understanding of the AWS Cloud and gain an understanding of the concepts of cloud computing without technical detail, this training course is for you. To learn more about how you can advance your career and earn top salaries by achieving an AWS certification.
In this article, we shall look at the average salary earnings of an AWS Cloud Practitioner, how much they earn per state, and the top 10 paying cities. Now that you know why an AWS cloud practitioner certificate could be your first step toward becoming one let’s look at what a cloud architect does. This certification is designed to help non-technical people understand cloud computing ideas, making it an excellent place to start for newcomers.
Best for Advanced Students
It’s also the most comprehensive AWS certification and the best for cloud architects. If you’re new to cloud computing, becoming an AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner can help you better understand the AWS platform.
- Additionally, they have the tendency to mentor their new junior employees and explain complex processes to non-technical members of the team.
- Like all AWS professional certifications, earning the Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional certification requires deep knowledge of the AWS platform.
- The best AWS certificates are in high demand and can help certified cloud practitioners secure raises and well-paying IT positions.
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam consists of 65 multiple-choice/multiple-answer questions to be completed in 90 minutes.